Friday, August 6, 2010

Haute Topics

So, being a plus-size gal often means that I observe fashion trends but don't get to translate it into a really banging outfit that compliments my body type. I dress fairly well but I'm not clothes obsessed nor brand obsessed. I have my preferred brands but they are more modest, middle of the road brands like Avenue and Lane Bryant.  But, I love me some fashion television (hat tip: Project Runway & Rachel Zoe Project).

I struggle when I see twelve year old girls who look seventeen walking around with Coach purses.  Seeing children with $300+ purses seems excessive and it may pave the way to entitled over consuming behaviors.

But this post was not intended to bitch about over-privileged youth. It's about Project Runway! I love me some Project Runway and I have to of my favorite gal pals to thank for that.  They turned me on to it back in season 5 and I've followed it ever since. 

My thoughts on fashion seem to be waaaaaay different that super hot Heidi Klum (I love her sexy German accent), the hilarious/crazy outtie belly button guy Michael Kors, and saucy Nina Garcia.  Often, I think they are on crack when they do their judging and come up with the winners and losers.  But alas, crack or no crack, it's entertaining.   They sent the right guy home tonight but ughhh, I don't get why anyone would design a jumpsuit or why anyone would call it a winner over a really cute Marie Claire style red dress.  Tom and Lorenzo of Project Rungay have a great recap... they are always so funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment